Please note: Progressio has announced closure in March 2017
To read more about Progressio's response to the conflict and humanitarian crisis in Yemen click here.
- take a look at our photo gallery of Yemeni women with fighting spirits
- find out about the work of Yemeni 'women champions' in the Progressio magazine
- get involved in our Unbreakable campaign: unbreakable women's voices must be heard
Previous to the conflict, working with our partners we were:
- helping women, particularly those who are poor and vulnerable, to empower themselves to achieve equality within Yemeni institutions;
- building the capacity of water users to better manage their own water resources and have a voice regarding water management issues;
- supporting local councils and CSOs to integrate water and environmental planning into their annual plans;
- strengthening the capacity, skills and knowledge of individuals, organisations and communities to make informed choices and to combat the spread of HIV;
- improving the psycho-social and network support for people living with HIV;
- helping people living with HIV empower themselves to advocate for policies and legislation which improve access to HIV testing services, treatment and care;
- increasing knowledge and understanding of HIV and AIDS prevention, care and support among male and female faith leaders, and ther ability to preach accurate messages about HIV.