We advertise different types of vacancies:
- Development worker (DW) placements
- Jobs in our London or country offices
- Volunteer opportunities in our London office
How to apply
1. Download and read the placement/job description – carefully consider the Person Specification and the Terms and Conditions section at the end of the placement/job description. Please note that the Terms and Conditions are not negotiable – so please only apply if you can commit to these.
2. Download the accompanying application form.
3. Complete the application form, following the instructions on the form – eg give full dates when required; give summaries of the main responsibilities of your jobs in your previous employment history; and refer to each requirement of the person specification, giving clear examples of your experience and capabilities, in the section on supporting information.
Tips on how to complete the application form
4. Email your application to the email address given at the end of the job/placement description.
For vacancies in the London office, Progressio will consider applications only from those who already have the right to live and work in the UK and in the European Economic Area (EEA).
For volunteering in the London office, Progressio considers CVs with covering letters (instead of application forms). If this is the case, it will be clear in the vacancy advertisement and there will be no application form to download. Please only apply for volunteering opportunities when you see one advertised.
Next steps in the selection process
Unfortunately, due to the amount of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants who are short-listed for interview. After the closing date, it can take us between one to three weeks to contact the short-listed candidates. Candidates sending applications to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address receive an automated acknowledgement email confirming receipt of their application.
Candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and invited to participate further in the selection process – usually through an initial telephone/Skype interview, and/or a face-to-face selection process, which may also include exercises (eg written, numeracy, presentation, role play). Following this, each candidate will be contacted regarding the outcome, whether successful or not, and will be given objective feedback.
Who covers my interview expenses?
If you are invited to a face-to-face selection process, in either our London office or in one of our country offices, we will pay/reimburse your travel expenses, and assist you with any travel arrangements.
We advertise on a number of international job portals. Progressio's vacancies and other NGO jobs also appear on CharityJOB.